Monday, January 14, 2008
Make Excellence a Habit
I saw a quote this morning that sparked this entry. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Emerson. This is an interesting idea to keep in mind as we go about each day. Achieving true excellence it is not about performing extraordinary tasks on an occasional basis. I suppose that everyone can have a moment of excellence. But it will be just that, a moment in time. What you should strive for is continual excellence, which requires you to go about all that you do thinking in terms of being excellent. (I know that sounds like something from “Bill and Ted’s.” haha) But the point is, if you want to move in the direction of excellence then the key is to continue to practice excellence. You want to grow your ability to be excellent on a regular basis. Make excellence a habit that you do without thinking and it will become who you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment